Monika Hartl
Call Us Now: (262) 204-8331

When Your Employer Is Uninsured – Milwaukee Worker’s Compensation Attorney

If you are injured and your employer does not have worker’s compensation insurance, you may want to speak with a Milwaukee worker’s compensation attorney to discuss your case.

If you have been injured in a work-related accident or have suffered a work-related injury, you may be just paying attention to the extent of your benefits at your company. If your employer does not carry worker’s compensation insurance, you should still be entitled to benefits. If you need help in this process, you should consult an experiencedMilwaukeeworker’s compensation attorney to help you along the way.

If your injury occurred on or after July 1, 1996, you are entitled to file a claim through the Uninsured Employers Fund. Although it is usually illegal for a business to not have worker’s compensation insurance for their employees, some still do. The UEF pays any valid worker’s compensation benefits for any employee who was injured while working for an illegally uninsuredWisconsinemployee. It is funded by penalties assessed to employers who illegally operate without proper insurance. The penalties are mandatory and not negotiable. The companies must also pay the fund for the treatment and help an injured worker needs.

Any employee who qualifies for the fund will have benefits paid to them as though they had been insured.

It is important to understand what you must do to file a claim. An injured worker must first complete an Uninsured Employers Fund Claim Application by calling the Department of Workforce Development and requesting to have one mailed to you.

Next, you must provide all required documentation to the department or representatives to help determine whether the employer is liable for the injury or illness referenced in the claim.

Finally, the claimant must document all medical treatments, vocational rehab services as well as other related bills or expenses.

Within 14 days, you should be notified of the statue of the claim. If the claim was approved and you should begin receiving payments; if your claim was denied, the case is closed; or if the claim is still under review and a decision has not been rendered.

If you or your loved one has suffered any work-related injury or illness, it is important to speak with a qualifiedWisconsinworker’s compensation attorney today. Call for a free, initial consultation.

Contact Us

Wisconsin Workers
Compensation Law Offices

P.O. Box 106
Cedarburg, WI 53012

Telephone: 262-204-8331
FAX: 262-204-8332